The central nervous system (CNS) possesses unique characteristics that render fruitful drug discovery and development for CNS diseases or disorders extremely challenging. Our CNS-related assay services remove much of the risk of assay failure by leveraging our scientists’ extensive expertise in working with diverse, in vitro, CNS-disease models to build and implement predictive, physiologically relevant neuronal assays. You can choose from our list of pre-validated Ready-2-Go assays, or work with our team to design a custom assay to suit your research needs.
EXAMPLES OF IN VITRO MODELS WE USE IN MONO-, CO-, OR TRI-CULTURES
- iPSC-derived neurons
- Glutaminergic, dopaminergic, GABAergic, motor, and sensory neurons
- Healthy and disease-relevant mutants
- iPSC-derived astrocytes
- iPSC-derived microglia
- Primary rat neurons
- Cell lines (e.g., PC-12, BV-2)
EXAMPLES OF ASSAYS WE DELIVER
- Cellular responses to insults (e.g., PFFs, Aβ, toxins) and therapeutic agents, such as cell viability and mitochondrial function
- Dynamic changes in neuronal morphology, such as changes in neurite outgrowth or network complexity, synapse formation, and cell-body shape and size
- Receptor/protein localization or translocation
- Cellular uptake of insults or therapeutic agents
- Microglial phagocytosis
EXAMPLES OF THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES WE TEST
- Small and large molecules
- Lipid nanoparticles (LNP)
RELATED ASSAY SERVICES
Learn more about our assay offerings.
Multiplexed readouts of viability and apoptosis.
R2G NEURONAL MITOCHONDRIAL HEALTH
Multiplexed readouts of mitochondrial health.
R2G NEURITE OUTGROWTH & NEURITE NETWORK DYNAMICS
Quantification of neurite outgrowth and changes in established neurite networks using human, iPSC-derived neurons.
R2G MICROGLIA PHAGOCYTOSIS
Measure uptake of a fluorescent bacterial bioparticle by human, iPSC-derived microglia.
Custom assays to answer more specific, complex biological questions.
Let's discuss how we can help with your research.