Advancements in therapeutics development to treat fibrotic diseases require the use of robust, scalable, physiologically relevant assays to maximize their potential clinical success, and the history of failure of anti-fibrotic agents at clinical stages highlights this need. Our in vitro assays model various types of fibrosis with cell-culture protocols that minimize basal fibrotic activation to offer quick, reproducible data in a predictive assay window, so you can avoid the cost- and time-prohibitive barriers inherent to animal models. You can choose from our list of pre-validated Ready-2-Go assays, or work with our team to design a custom assay to suit your research needs.
EXAMPLES OF IN VITRO MODELS WE USE
- Primary cells (e.g., normal human lung fibroblasts, hepatic stellate cells, dermal cells)
- Cell lines (e.g., MRC-5 )
EXAMPLES OF ASSAYS WE DELIVER
- Fibrotic induction
- Prevention or reversal of fibrotic induction
- Off-target effects for early toxicology (e.g., cell painting)
- Fibronectin deposition
- Morphological changes (cell-body shape and size, stress-fiber formation)
- Pathway activation
EXAMPLES OF THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES WE TEST
- Small and large molecules
- Lipid nanoparticles (LNP)
RELATED ASSAY SERVICES
Learn more about our assay offerings.
R2G LUNG FIBROSIS
Stress fibers are measured in NHLFs.
R2G CELL HEALTH
Multiplexed readouts of proliferation, viability, and apoptosis.
Custom assays to answer more specific, complex biological questions.
Handle a large number of compounds and compare against known drugs.
Let's discuss how we can help with your research.