1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU WHEN YOU VISIT PHENOVISTA SITES
Like many websites, our server logs capture the following internet or other electronic network activity information: information regarding PhenoVista Site users’ operating systems, browser software, IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, and the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstreams to, through and from the PhenoVista Site, including date and time. We may use this information to improve the services we provide through the PhenoVista Site, to monitor and improve the performance of our servers, to administer the PhenoVista Site, and to protect and defend our rights, property, or safety or that of our clients and other users of the PhenoVista Site.
Cookies are used to track your use of the Site. This enables us to understand how you use the Site and track any patterns that emerge individually or from larger groups. This helps us to develop and improve our website and services in response to what our visitors want and need. Cookies are also used to help us advertise jobs, products, or services to you that we think you will be interested in.
Cookies are either session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any information from your computer. A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics and for personalization (see below).
Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the Site effectively, such as when applying for a job, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on the Site cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our Site. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the Site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your name, language, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font, and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies help us to advertise details of potential services that we think may be of interest. These cookies are persistent (for as long as you are registered with us) and mean that when you log in or return to the website, you may see advertising for services that are similar to services that you have previously browsed.
2. INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO US THROUGH THE PHENOVISTA SITES
You are not required to submit any information to the PhenoVista Site. However, you may choose to do so by completing forms available in several sections of the PhenoVista Site, including the Contact Us page. If you join one or more of our mailing lists or otherwise choose to provide personal information to us through the PhenoVista Site, we will collect the following information about users of the PhenoVista Site; first name, last name, company email address, company name, postal address, and any other information you chose to provide. We use that information for the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with the privacy wording on the relevant part of the PhenoVista Site. In addition, we may use this information to:
- communicate with you about our business;
- provide publications, products and services you request;
- add you to mailing lists and send you marketing materials we believe will be of interest to you;
- process and respond to requests, enquiries, and complaints; and
- for other purposes and operations which are reasonably related, such as administering, monitoring, and improving the PhenoVista Site, our products, and services.
Your information may be accessed by third party service providers who will process that information solely for our benefit and in accordance with our instructions (see Section 6 below for more information). However, we will not provide your personal information to or share it with any third party for their own marketing purposes except in connection with requests you make that clearly involve third parties. This might include publications produced by third parties or events that are presented or sponsored by third parties. This will be made clear to you before you sign up for the publication or event.
3. YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PhenoVista takes appropriate steps to avoid unauthorized changes to personal information you submit to PhenoVista Site. For so long as PhenoVista elects to continue to provide the PhenoVista Site, and provided that you comply with all agreements concerning use of these sites, we will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with online access to your registration data and other personal information so that you may view, update or correct it.
We retain information that is collected through PhenoVista Site only for as long as needed for the purpose for which it was provided, or as otherwise required for our legitimate business purposes. Your information may be retained for longer periods if there are valid legal grounds, for example if required by law or court order or to defend or pursue legal claims.
You may opt out of receiving marketing and market research communications at any time by using the unsubscribe links provided or by contacting us at Privacy@PhenoVista.com You may also change your preferences regarding the communications you receive from us here.
For further information on your Rights, see Section 10 below.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The majority of the personal information collected by PhenoVista is provided by you voluntarily on the PhenoVista Site, for example when you sign up to receive more information or apply to an open position and is therefore collected with your permission. The remaining personal information is collected for PhenoVista’s legitimate business purposes, for example to monitor and improve the quality of the PhenoVista Site and our services, and to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or that of our clients and other users of the PhenoVista Site.
6. SHARING OF INFORMATION
7. SERVICE PROVIDERS
PhenoVista may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site (“Service Providers”), to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
These Service Providers have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Each time you access one of our pages that contains LinkedIn’s features, a connection is established to a LinkedIn server. LinkedIn is informed that you have visited our Site with your IP address. With the help of the LinkedIn Insight Tag we are able to analyze the success of our campaigns within the LinkedIn platform or determine target groups for them based on the interaction of the users with the Site. If you are registered with LinkedIn, it is possible for LinkedIn to associate your interaction with our online services with your user account.
You can permanently opt out on this link: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
LinkedIn advertising cookie is used on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize our Site and advertising.
8. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). PhenoVista Site and services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we receive personal information that we discover was provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly destroy such information. Schools and parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider the use of other means to provide a child-friendly online environment. Additional information is available on the Direct Marketing Association’s home page at http://www.the-dma.org. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission home page at http://www.ftc.gov.
PhenoVista Site uses measures that are appropriate to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, and all our employees and any third parties that process your personal information on our behalf are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information., However, we cannot and do not provide any assurance that these measures will be sufficient to protect the information you choose to transmit to our Site.
PhenoVista Site is not designed to store sensitive personal information such as financial, health, criminal, racial or ethnic origin or political affiliation and you should not use PhenoVista Site for that purpose.
10. AGREEMENT, CHANGES
11. CONTACTS, RIGHTS
In certain circumstances, subject to certain exceptions and applicable law, you may have the following rights in relation to personal information about you:
- the right to know: (i) the specific pieces of personal information collected; (ii) the categories of personal information; (iii) the categories of sources of the personal information: (iv) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; (v) the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose; and (vi) the categories of third parties with whom the personal information is shared;
- the right to have personal information corrected, for example if it is incomplete or incorrect;
- the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time;
- the right to request that personal information is deleted;
- the right to restrict or object to the processing of personal information;
- the right to receive a copy of personal information which you have provided to the firm, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (known as “data portability”);
- where you have provided personal information voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent;
- the right not to be discriminated against if you exercise any rights conferred on you by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018;
- the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority (see further below).
If you have an online account, you may access, update, and correct your personal information – including your marketing choices – using the account management facilities. You may also opt out of receiving marketing and market research communications at any time by contacting us at Privacy@PhenoVista.com
PhenoVista does not and will not sell your personal information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
To exercise the access, data portability, Do Not Sell, and deletion rights described in this section, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by calling or emailing us with your request at the contact information below. Only you may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident by including a California postal address in your request. We may require you to confirm your identity and/or legal standing for the request as well as your residency in California in order to obtain the information, and you are only entitled to make this request twice a year. We will respond to your request within 45 days or let you know if we need additional time.
Email Address: Privacy@PhenoVista.com. Please send a description of the right(s) you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
Please note, we may not be obligated to provide access to personal information or delete any data to the extent that we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on that person’s behalf. Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with your request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
PhenoVista Biosciences, Inc.
6195 Cornerstone Court E, #114
San Diego, CA 92121
Tel: (858) 465-9175